- guide to Rhone
- towns in Rhone
- Rhone Hotels
- Rhone Tourist Attractions
- Rhone Gites
Rhone tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
In the Rhone department the Rhone & Saone rivers to the east are a crossroads between northern and southern Europe. The Romans recognised this when they founded Lyon - the second largest conurbation in France today.
It has museums, a lively student population, chic bars and traditional restaurants making it one of France's foremost centres for gastronomy.
Try 'volaille demi-deuil', poched chicken stuffed with truffles or 'Caviar de Puy', a green lentil salad.
Not far from Lyon you'll find Beaujolais to the northwest. Beaujolais is a land of streams, granite peaks, forests & pastureland where the fruity red Beaujolais Nouveau is produced - released from the cellars on the 3rd November every year after just six weeks of maturing.
- Wine tasting in Beaujolais at Julienas - known for its 'coq au vin', taste its superior quality cru wine in the church chateau or la maison de la Dime - a 16th century tithe house.
- A cultural day out in Lyon - the Musee des Beaux art is a fabulous art museum and houses the second largest art collection in France after the Louvre.
- Le Parc de Miribel at Miribel Jonage - climbing, sailing, golf and canoeing here and it is home to over 800 species of plant life.
- Lyon - take a tour of the two Roman amphitheatres. The Grand Theatre is the oldest in France and stages rock concerts, operas and other performances.
Novotel Lyon Porte du Valvert
( Hotel )
13D avenue Victor Hugo Tassin la Demi Lune 69160
The Novotel Lyon Porte du Valvert is located 5 km from Lyon Perrache railway station, at the start of the northern ring road ...
Logis Le Savigny
( Hotel )
Le Bourg BlacÚ near Villefranche-sur-Saone 69460
Logis Le Savigny in located in the heart of the Beaujolais vineyards, within the village of BlacÚ. It offers peaceful accomm...
Novotel Lyon Gerland
( Hotel )
70 Avenue Leclerc Lyon 69007
Hotel restaurant of 186 rooms and 16 conference and banqueting rooms; The Novotel Lyon Gerland will be happy to accomodate yo...