- guide to Essonne
- towns in Essonne
- Essonne Hotels
- Essonne Tourist Attractions
- Essonne Gites
Essonne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Essonne is one of the 8 departments of the Ile-de-France region and is situated 15km south of Paris between the departments Yvelines and Seine-et-Marne.
Milly-la-Foret in the southeast is in the heart of the Gatinois Francais Nature Park and is considered a leading centre in the research and cultivation of medicinal plants. Milly was also the birthplace of Jean Cocteau who is buried in the chapel here.
Etampes with its many rivers, is known as 'Little Venise'. Its attraction lies in its elegant buildings, testimony to its history as a royal borough.
The town of Dourdan is well worth visiting. Its growth was centred around its 13th century castle and is an example of fine military architecture.
- Milly-la-Foret - home to the gigantic sculpture 'Cyclop' designed by Jean Tinguely and Niki de Saint-Phalle which was donated to the state in 1987.
- Evry - its modern cathedral was designed by the architect Mario Botta complete with 3D style roof.
- Cerny - The Association JB Salis aims to preserve and maintain aircraft. It is Europe's most prestigious collection of flying machines.
- Chateau du Marais, Val St Germain - more than just a château with its formal French-style gardens and wooded parkland.
Mercure Massy Gare TGV
( Hotel )
21, avenue Carnot Massy 91886
The hotel is located just a 5 minute's walk from the RER (subway) and TGV railway stations and 15 km from Paris. The hotel fe...
Premiere Classe Epinay Sur Orge Savigny Sur Orge
( Hotel )
1B Rue De Charaintru Epinay-sur-Orge 91360
15 mn form the Parc des Exposition and Porte de Versailles. Ideally situated at the junction between the A6 and the D25, 50 ...
Premiere Classe La Ville Du Bois
( Hotel )
Zac Des Graviers - Accès Parking Restaurant La Ville Du Bois near Montlhery 91620
In the heart of the southern Parisian suburbs....