- guide to Pyrenees-Atlantique
- towns in Pyrenees-Atlantique
- Pyrenees-Atlantique Hotels
- Pyrenees-Atlantique Tourist Attractions
- Pyrenees-Atlantique Gites
Pyrenees-Atlantique tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
With the Atlantic to the West and the Pyrenees to the South, the Pyrenees Atlantiques is a department of outstanding natural beauty.
The snow capped peaks, gorges, caves and waterfalls have inspired many poets & writers including Hugo and Lamartine.
Today the Pyrenees are a paradise for skiers, fishermen and walkers. Among the varied flora and fauna of the Parc National des Pyrenees, you'll find species of lynx, wild bear and Royal Eagles.
To the north the land gives way to gently sloping valleys, vineyards and plains. Lovers of architecture will be rewarded in the Basque centres of Bayonne and Biarritz where you'll also find some stunning beaches with the best surf in Europe.
- Lots to see and do in St-Jean-de-Luz - it comes to life in summer with shops, busy restaurants and colourful markets selling chipirons - squid cooked in their own ink.
- Sporting Activities at Anglet beach - some of Europe's finest surf. Lessons can be taken here.
- Belle Epoque architecture in Pau - see elegant Belle Epoque architecture aswell as town's showpiece, Chateau de Pau, the birthplace of Henry IV.
- Foret D'Iraty - Try your hand at cross-country skiing or hike to the wild beech forests of the Foret d'Iraty. Look for the Basque ponies or 'pottocks' here.
Inter-Hotel De Gramont
( Hotel )
3, Place Gramont Pau 64000
Historic Pau, combines business, tourism, leisure and sports....
( Hotel )
Boulevard De L'aviation Pau 64000
The Campanile Hotel is ideally located close to the city of Pau. On your arrival, you will be welcomed by attentive hosts to ...
Premiere Classe Bayonne
( Hotel )
Zac De St Frédéric Bayonne 64100
5 minutes away from the city centre and 10 minutes away from the beaches, the hotel is easily accessible from the A63 and A64...